:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disapp…
Author: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disappears in KDE Plasma on upgrade to Daedalus
Today I received the laptop from a friend, causing this post originally into
my hands to fix it, so I can examine the situation myself and more closely.

First finding was, amixer did not run anymore, it threw an undefined symbol
error:
ALSA lib conf.c:4004:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library
libasound_module_conf_pulse.so (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsndfile.so.1:
undefined symbol: lame_encode_buffer_interleaved_int)

This was due to the package libmp3lame0 not being in version 3.100, it was
still 3.99.5 which is from jessie. Don't ask, I don't know. I had to dpkg --
install the version from daedalus, then the error disappeard. From then on I
had the choice of HDMI sink in KDE audio settings again.

Still there where errors from ALSA on the boot screen: "Failed to import hw:0
use case configuration" I could get rid of them by manipulating the init
script from alsa-utils: I needed to add in the restore_levels function the
argument "--no-ucm" to alsactl just before "restore".

>From that point ALSA was working and I could use amixer. Sound from audacity,

chosing sysdefault as an output was working.

I hit pipewire and reinstalled pulseaudio and plasma-pa. Next, I had to add to
/etc/pulse/default.pa.d/alsa.pa the line

    load-module module-alsa-sink

This restored "Built-in Audio" in KDE, and I have sound through the speakers
of the laptop.

This is probably not the way it should be. The module to auto switch the input
does work, but neither do I have sound through HDMI nor on the mini-jack. I
need to dig further, to have seamless sound as it was in chimaera.

The package "firmware-sof-signed" did not make a difference.

Regards, Adrian.

PS: This little report comes from my memory, I spent a few hours and did many
unnecessary steps. The installation is from 2012 under Debian and was upgraded
many times. So errors can come from ... anything. :-)

In der Nachricht vom Thursday, 8 August 2024 12:10:53 CEST schrieb Adrian
Zaugg: