:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disapp…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Soundsystem occaionally available after upgrade to Daedalus
Subject: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disappears in KDE Plasma on upgrade to Daedalus
On Sat, Aug 10, 2024 at 07:32:31PM +0200, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
> Thanks to all that replied. I think I was unclear with my description:
>
> - There is sound from VLC, Audacity, MuseScore and others.
> - The problem is that I can't chose an Output in KDE Sound Settings, only
> internal speakers work (but not e.g. headphones on the mini jack):
> The list of output devices is just empty.

Having the same problem --the list of output devices is empty.
But to my knowledge I'm not using KDE; I'm using lxqt.
And I'm not using HDMI. I'm using a external USB plug-in audio interface.
So everything seems to be different, but I still see no audio output devices.
There were some last week, but I had to reboot my laptop,
and now there are none.
I was trying to get a voice conversation going over discord within
firfoxc-esr. Worked last week under daedalus. Did not work this week
under daedalus.

-- Hendrik