:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disapp…
Author: ael
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disappears in KDE Plasma on upgrade to Daedalus
On Thu, Aug 08, 2024 at 12:10:53PM +0200, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
> Hi
>

> To try to fix it I replaced pulseaudio with pipewire. This did not fix it
> permanently, means: Sometimes after a reboot the devices get listed in KDE and
> output choices and volume settings are working, but mostly the list is empty.
> I did not find a way to fix it permanently (unplugging the external monitor
> and all USB for example).
>
> Does anybody know a solution for that?

Personally I would remove both pulseaudio and pipewire and see whether
all is well with plain alsa.

Collect a copy of https://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh
and run that. Look at the output. That should show you what is going on.

Then you can reinstall pipewire or whatever if you really want that. If
it is still broken, then you know where to look.

ael