:: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disapp…
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Soundsystem mostly disappears in KDE Plasma on upgrade to Daedalus
You're not really giving information that would be helpful. So I'll make
assumptions.

KDE is built against pulseaudio and its api. pipewire, if that is what is
installed on your machine, isn't pulseaudio. As such, KDE will not recognize any
audio device with a specific **exception**: should pipewire-pulse is installed,
it'll serve as a bridge.

I'll reiterate myself, so to get a properly working audio system with pipewire:

1. purge pulseaudio and pipewire related software from your computer
2. install pipewire-audio, *from backports*
3. make sure the pipewire daemon, and friends, are started alongside your KDE
    session.

These tasks should normally be handled by the distro, but pipewire is a bit too
new for debian to figure it out. Also, those tasks would probably be done
through systemd, so we're screwed either way.

Cheers,
                 Ludovic