:: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights (OT)
Subject: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights
Hi,

On 3/26/21 1:07 PM, Alessandro Vesely via Dng wrote:

> Debian is engaging in a disgusting attack against RMS:
> https://www.debian.org/vote/2021/vote_002

It is disgusting. On the GNUstep Mailing list after a post by Richard
himself, some people voiced to fork away from GNU,

> A post, written by Hannah Wolfman-Jones, with a response from
> civil-rights expert Nadine Strossen, former president of the ACLU.
> https://www.wetheweb.org/post/cancel-we-the-web

I can only stand with this letter. Those "activist" violate almost every
rule in their attacks. They are hypocrites who hide under the term of
freedom and don't accept freedom of speech, if it is not "their speech".

But I make a step back and do a further comment: I want politics out of
free software. Free Software is (for me) free access to technology,
liberation from hegemony of monopolies. Of course it can clash with
politics if that tries to "limit" technology (see all these defenses
into spying, content publishing, censorship). But it should not tell
people hat to hate or what not to say: it should concentrate on code,
technology and access to it.

Remember how many voices there were back then against "evil Microsoft"
and IE6?

But how many raise their voices today against Chrome?

Two weights, two measures.

Riccardo