:: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights
Author: John Morris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights
On Fri, 2021-03-26 at 15:46 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I'd suggest nobody sign anything, and nobody respond to this email.
>
> If you believe that Stallman was removed, shunned and criticized
> because of guilt by association, then it's not much of a stretch to
> believe that you will suffer the same fate if you defend him. And then
> any who defends *you* will suffer the same fate, ad infinitum.

This exactly how a "climate of fear" works. Anyone who has looked three
seconds at the Cultural Revolution or any of the other descents into
madness of the 20th Century knows exactly what is going on here.

Time to sack up people. If we can't find the will to defend RICHARD
F*CKING STALLMAN, we won't defend anyone. One by one we will all be
singled out for destruction. This attitude above sounds like the
mewling sounds Republicans have made for decades, ever retreating
because it is never "the hill to die on" as the revolution marches over
their former "inviolate" position and National Review reverses course
and assigns someone to pen "The Conservative case for X."

This isn't actually about RMS, it is just the usual SJWs marching ever
onward, seizing resources and key nodes in the social order. The FSF is
the prize they seek, both to loot it and because it is a choke point to
take and hold. Same reason they seized Debian. Ever wondered why
Debian went from a model of enlightenment and civility to what it is
now? It wasn't systemd, that was a symptom. It was infiltrated and
seized by intolerant people who cared nothing for Debian or its culture,
it was just another resource to seize as they moved through the software
world, killing it and wearing its skin, then demanding respect due the
original entity.

They don't even care about RMS, he is just in their way. He won't
repurpose the FSF into another culture war battlement, he will insist it
remain focused on its original goal of software freedom. So he will be
driven out. Apparently they won't even have to expend much effort
because everyone is already too terrified to even say his name.

RICHARD M. STALLMAN IS A GOOD MAN WHO HAS DONE MORE FOR CIVILIZATION
THAN ALL OF HIS DETRACTORS COMBINED. FLAWS INCLUDED.