:: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights (OT)
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FSF and human rights (OT)
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 22:58:39 +0100 - Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@???>:

[...]

> But I make a step back and do a further comment: I want politics out of
> free software. [...] it should concentrate on
> code, technology and access to it.

And this is exactly what FSF is doing today: abandon the original
philosophical (political, ideological) approach, to focus on purely legal
and technical aspects, and on internal struggles behind which there are
the interests of corporation that finance developers and projects the
whose only interest is for profit ...

Instead I would like the exact opposite: that FSF was essentially
concentrated on the social and political aspects related to digital
software and technologies in general, at a much higher and broad level of
the defense of 4 poor legal rights that very little importance have with
freedom and (more importantly) equality among people.

Mainly (but not only) for these reasons, after so many years since 2009,
I don't think I will still be a member of FSF.

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B