:: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018, g4sra wrote:

> Has anyone here have actual practical experience of using LFS to build
> anything moderate (or larger). If so, how much work did it take and was
> the effort worth it in the long run, were there any shortcomings ?

I have developed dyne:bolic 1 and 2 using LFS and I highly recommend
it. I go as far to believe that anyone who is intentioned in building
a GNU+Linux system or even a modern UNIX OS should really go through
the whole LFS documentation and tried to pack an LFS distro by hand,
that is not by using the automated script, but really going through
each single package. Is a great learning experience, much more than
many other books on the topic.

ciao