:: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
Le 03/12/2018 à 10:49, g4sra a écrit :
> Has anyone here have actual practical experience of using LFS to build
> anything moderate (or larger).

    I've tried it, I tink it was a version with Musl. Anyway, this is,
IMHO, essentially didactic as well as a proof that Linux *can* be built
from scratch. It takes such a long effort to developpers of this
"distro" to make it work that it is always very outdated. It does not
give you so much more freedom than other distros except if you decide to
take cross roads, but then, you're on your own with no guaranty that it
works out of the box. And don't think of any thing like upgrades; just
wait a few years for the next release and build another outdated OS (-:

        Didier