:: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] RFC - Linux From Scratch
* On 2018 03 Dec 04:10 -0600, KatolaZ wrote:
> However, I think LFS it's not a particularly good solution for
> everyday use, but this depends a lot on what is your definition of
> "everyday use". You'd probably better suited with something like
> gentoo or Slackware, maybe (but they are both using initramfs in their
> default installs, AFAIK :P). Or learn from LFS and continue using
> Devuan with your personal tweaks :)

As there are extra steps involved with using a "generic" kernel,
i.e. one that uses an initrd, by default Slackware installs the "huge"
kernel with most everything compiled in. Using the generic kernel in
Slackware is a deliberate admin choice all the way from building the
initrd itself (even though a helper script is supplied) to configuring
/etc/lilo.conf.

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us GPG key: D55A8819 GitHub: N0NB