:: Re: [DNG] Dng now alters (some) pos…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Dng now alters (some) posts to compensate for DMARC antiforgery
Quoting Jaromil (jaromil@???):

> many thanks for following up and taking care of this issue!! and to
> golinux, rrq and others for the list administration.

I heartily second your thanks to the mailing list administration team.

Sorry about one partially garbled sentence. Here's that paragraph,
corrected (though I think my meaning was clear enough):

Forgery of SMTP mail is a serious problem, leading to a series of
proposals for extensions to the SMTP standard, to permit domains and
users at mail-receipt time to detect and reject forgeries: SPF, DKIM
(formerly DomainKeys), and DMARC. DMARC, from Yahoo, is the most recent
of these SMTP extensions (incorporating DKIM and SPF as sub-components).
Unfortunately, DMARC, when implemented by sending domains publishing a
strongly asserted DMARC antiforgery policy, tends to be a disaster for
mailing lists: Subscribers sending from such mail domains gradually
discover that their outbound mail, when routed out through mailing list
software and thus retransmitted to mailing list subscribers, gets
refused (as forged) upon arrival at many of the subscribers' receiving
SMTP servers.