:: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Ch…
Author: tito
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Clicking website wasRe: Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
Subject: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
Hi,
upgraded my desktop/workstation from beowulf to chimaera.
It is a rather complex setup with several raid arrays
(I like them and it is a good training for using them
in work setups).
Upgrade went smoothly but with several iterations
of apt upgrade / apt dist-upgrade.
I was surprised by seeing backport packages
being sucked in, but it seems that this is now
fixed.
Everything works as expected and seems to be
faster (placebo effect?) in the xfce desktop.
The only little problem is a clicking noise
in the speakers when opening some websites
in firefox even with volume set to zero or disabled.
Couldn't figure out a solution yet.
Thanks to all Devuan developers for this
great work.

Ciao,
Tito