:: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Ch…
Author: Bernard Rosset
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
Congratulations to all who were involved and helped making this awaited
milestone a reality!

Having upgraded from beowulf to chimaera on a long-standing system, in
which everything was most likely to break, the most time-consuming steps
I encountered were:
* Loads of customised configuration to update based on new configuration
templates
* A few stopped services I forgot to decommission, inducing failures on
package update restart hooks
* A poorly written network pre-up hook managing DHCPv6 which back-fired

All in all, a rather smooth upgrade overall, even though it might be too
soon to be peremptory about it.
It also be be noted that this was a server, hence a rather "simple"
environment, involving no GUI nor fancy network management tools.

As an anecdote, I (re?)learnt about the "proposed" repository thanks to
the release notes ! (o:

I wish you all a great week,
Bernard (Beer) Rosset
https://rosset.net/