:: [DNG] Clicking website wasRe: An…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Clicking website wasRe: Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 17:49:17 +0200
tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Everything works as expected and seems to be
> faster (placebo effect?) in the xfce desktop.
> The only little problem is a clicking noise
> in the speakers when opening some websites
> in firefox even with volume set to zero or disabled.
> Couldn't figure out a solution yet.

Information on the clicking website problem that may aid in tracking it
down as I have it too.

System is a pre-release installation of chimaera (about march?) but
updated.
Sound system is alsa with problem of single focus only; i.e. only one
sound program can be run at a time. So I have to shut down vlc to be
able to play a video(ewetube) in falkon(browser) with sound.

If falkon is open, the selecting a linked video(ewetube) in firefox
produces a click. The video will still play, but no sound.

I just put it down to something to do with alsa configuration as
porto=hdmi(no spreakers in screen) and port1=hw and none of the little
fiddling I've attempted can fix that.

It was easier to adapt my actions than waste time with the mono sound
problem and wrestling with alsa config.. YMMv