:: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Ch…
Author: Larry De Coste
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Announcing Devuan 4.0: Chimaera!
On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 20:01:06 +1100
Tom wrote among other things:

|One thing that I couldn’t find in the Debian Bullseye release notes
|is that the Nvidia 340xx legacy driver is no longer present in
|Debian Bullseye/Devuan Chimaera.
|
|For anyone with older hardware only supported by the 340xx driver
|the alternatives appear to be switching to nouveau driver on
|Chimaera or stay on Beowulf with 340xx driver.

I too have a Nvidia GeForce 210 [GT218] that only reaches 70Hz with
the 340xx driver.
The issue is the kernel. No kernels beyond 5.4 support the 340xx
driver natively.
Some techies on EndeavourOS found a way to do it with some kernels
using Aur adaptions with NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-340.108.run.

I haven succeeded yet with Devuan 4.0. So stuck with nouveau's
provided 60Hz. (:

--
Larry De Coste <larrydecoste@???>
Pawtucket RI EE.UU.