:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Simon Hobson
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> I joined this project much before it was called Devuan, and I have
> always considered it a battle worth to be fought, day after day. I
> promised myself that I would have continued contributing to Devuan
> until the day we would have started talking corporate bullshit, or
> stopped trusting each other, or given up on having fun.
>
> In the last ten days all those threee things have materialised, to
> different degrees. Hence, I have decided to withdraw from Devuan and
> will now take an indefinite leave from the project.

I would ask you to reconsider.

Wherever you go you will always find trolls and idiots who will spout off about anything that they don't like - especially if they haven't contributed. I've stayed out of the "discussion" because it was mostly pointless - and in a good part a rant from one idiot. I thought it was a pretty good April 1st, but I'm inclined to agree with those who think it was perhaps misjudged. But only on the "mild slap on the wrist, don't do it again" level of misjudged.

So, don't see all the hot air and think that it in any way reflects the majority view. I think a large majority (a silent one) think it's all overblown, time to forget about it, and just get on.

You still have my confidence - and thanks for all the work you, and everyone else, are doing.
So take a break if you feel you need it, but don't for one minute think that you're not welcome back as soon as you feel ready for it.