:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
On Friday 12 April 2019 at 00:53:40, Steve Litt wrote:

> I suggest we pass the following resolution:

> At Devuan we prioritize benefits to individual users over benefits to
> corporations. Within the overarching umbrella of delivering
> sans-systemd GNU/Linux systems, we seek to make life fun for
> developers, caretakers, and all other contributors.

Do we want to emphasise purely "sans-systemd", or do we want to promote
"freedom of init choice"?

I'nm not suggesting that we should include systemd in what Devuan provides
(!), but I just think the phrase "freedom of choice" is a more positive and
friendly message for people to see and think "yes, I like that project",
rather than simply saying "no systemd".

Functionally they come down to the same thing, but I think a positive phrase
is better than a negative one.

Antony.

--
Atheism is a non-prophet-making organisation.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.