:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, John Crisp via Dng wrote:

> So who out of the complainers is going to pick up the slack that they
> have caused?

well, one is a member of the caretakers: CenturionDan, who has
ultimately caused Katolaz to drop. It all happened within a private
thread related to the April's fool.

I'm hereby asking CenturionDan out of the caretakers and will initiate
a public and democratic process for that. I believe those of the
community who want Katolaz back should first and foremost ask
CenturionDan to get the hell out of the caretakers group.

Meanwhile we should all take the time to watch Katolaz' presentation
at the conference, whose final edit is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43DkuBxvJuc

Besides the enjoyable minimalist design tale he offers, this
presentation very well explains why Devuan cannot be "pwned" the way
the April' fools was made and how many professionals (us at Dyne.org
included) are caring for distributing the liabilities and workload for
it.

The future of Devuan ultimately lies in this plan: distributing its
infrastructure. We will facilitate that up to the last bit, where
every entity relying on it can have a git repository and a CI that
builds packages and overlying them reliably on top of Debian's repos.

ciao