:: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
nisp1953 via Dng <dng@???> writes:
> Hi Folks:
>
> Another question here. What is the max load average I can run on my
> laptop? I am using Devuan 5.0 on a Lenovo T480S Thinkpad.
>
> Right now htop is showing 4.95 for the 5 minute average.

As this hasn't been stated clearly before: The load average is the
average number of processes which could have been running during the
given time interval if they hadn't been waiting for CPU time or disk
I/O. In principle, there's no maximum number for that. In practice, a
load average >0 means that the system doesn't have enough resources to
satisfy all currently active tasks.