:: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Ludovic Bellière via Dng said on Sun, 7 Jul 2024 08:56:58 +0000

>So, what is the maximum load average for your machine? There isn't
>one.

Except that laptops are usually inefficient at disbursing heat, so
spending a lot of time with highly loaded CPUs can reduce the life of
the machine. So can using it on a bed with blankets like my daughter
used to do as a teenager :-)

I concur with your suggestion to use a light window manager. And
perhaps use Luakit as your browser, saving Chromium for those times
when nothing else will work, and housekeeping all those tabs on both.

Also, I'd never run super high CPU programs like my prime number
generator
(http://troubleshooters.com/codecorn/primenumbers/primenumbers.htm) on
a laptop, or even an insufficiently cooled tower case.

Steve

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com