:: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Ludovic Bellière via Dng - 07.07.24, 10:56:58 CEST:
> Here's what the man page say about loadavg:
> > The first three fields in this file are load average figures giving
> > the number of jobs in the run queue (state R) or waiting for disk I/O
> > (state D) averaged

It is even in the man page you posted: Waiting for disk I/O also adds to
load average.

But if the last remaining processes a CPU can execute are waiting on disk
I/O, then the CPU does what: It idles!

You can have a load average of 100 with a CPU idling around. No problem.

Read the documentation!

And review the sources I posted.

Educate yourself.

Load average is not a pure CPU metric. On Linux at least.

And it does not become one no matter how often it is written it would be
one.

The Earth is not flat. (At least not from a 3D point of view.)

--
Martin