:: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Max Load Average
Ludovic Bellière via Dng - 07.07.24, 10:56:58 CEST:
> After a quick search, it seems that the ThinkPad T480s fields with a 4
> core intel processor. So your load average would be way above the
> hardware capabilities of the machine. I would advise changing your
> desktop environment to something lightweight.

Should have answered this all on one, but I cannot let this stand as it as
well:

A load average of 4.95 is just a tiny bit above the 4 cores Intel
processor. And in case it has hyperthreading, one need to go by 8 logical
cores.

But without any further information we do not even know whether the load
average CPU based *at all*.

So again: That ThinkPad T480s can sustain that load for days to come.
Again unless the fan is dusted like crazy but probably even then.

As always no warranties anything regarding posts I write in private,
during my spare time: But if ThinkPad T models would break down on load
averages of 5 or more I think none of the ones I am using would work
anymore. Maybe except the X260 music laptop. Peak load averages of 5 or
more can happen easily.

Seriously, calm down, take a break and then review the information I
provided. I appreciate that we both wrote our initial mails at basically
the same time frame, so I get that you probably did not read mine before
you sent yours :)

Sorry, it is kind a bit comical from my current understanding of load
average and my knowledge about ThinkPad T modes. I had quite (and have)
quite some of these: T23, T42, T520, T14 AMD Gen 1, Gen 2 (for work) and
Gen 5. None of those broke on a load average of 5. Seriously none of it.

--
Martin