:: Re: [DNG] Remote two-way sound?
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Remote two-way sound?
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 16:36:46 +0100 - Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone@???>:

> Hi.
>
> I don't know if I'm just overlooking something obvious, but I can't
> think of the answer...
>
> Does anyone know of a remote access mechanism which supports two-way
> sound?
>
> I've deliberately worded that slightly vaguely, because I'd be happy
> with a remote desktop sharing system such as RDC / VNC where the remote
> machine has a desktop of its own which I'm just manipulating remotely,
> or with remote application access such as X server / client, where the
> remote machine is just running the application without a grphical
> display of its own, and sending the application windows back to me.
>
> Basically I want the application to be running on a remote machine,
> which I can access from my X-window Linux machine (where my preferred
> environment is KDE).    Everything is running Linux (in fact Devuan);
> I'm not trying to do anything cross-platform.

> The requirement is that I need to run applications expecting to have
> access to microphone and speakers, and those are on my local machine,
> not the remote one running the application/s.
>
> Bandwidth is not a problem - the machines are on a gigabit LAN; I'm not
> trying to do this over the Internet.
>
> If (just in case, I have no idea) it makes things any easier, I can
> easily run the application in a virtual machine on the remote computer,
> or on the native physical hardware.
>

> Any ideas?

Not sure it's something similar that you are looking for, but take a look
here:

https://lists.linuxaudio.org/archives/linux-audio-user/2021-march/114047.html

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B