:: Re: [DNG] Remote two-way sound?
Author: g4sra
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Remote two-way sound?
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, March 27, 2021 5:32 PM, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> On Saturday 27 March 2021 at 17:29:56, tito via Dng wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 16:36:46 +0100 Antony Stone wrote:
> >

> > > Does anyone know of a remote access mechanism which supports two-way
> > > sound?
> >

> > Krdc (Kde remote desltop client) has a setting:
> > Sound: on this computer / Remote computer /disable sound
> > and Alsa/Pulseaudio/None.
>

> I've always interpreted that as sound from the remote machine coming to me,
> but not including a microphone on my machine getting converyed to the other
> end.
>

> > Cannot say if it does what you want as I don't use audio in remote
> > desktop sessions.
>

> Nor me, usually, but this is a simple thing for me to try (since I already
> have KDE at both ends) so I'll see what it does.
>

> Antony.

Never tried, but I have a project coming up that requires exactly this.
I suggest you avoid getting bogged down in Desktops and complexity which has little to do with sourcing audio streams.

My first google turned up this...
http://www.pogo.org.uk/~mark/trx/streaming-desktop-audio.html

if you try it please post how you get on, as I intend to go down this route you could save me some work :).