:: Re: [DNG] Need install Devuan Beowo…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Need install Devuan Beowolf but got "initramfs" prompt
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> I'm old, but I seem to remember a web page with a similar name. Years
> ago, I wrote those guys who run the web page, with my patented,
> always-succeeds method of getting an answer on a technical mailing
> list, and those guys didn't want to put my method on their page. They
> said my method was "manipulative".

Those guys? They're total jerks. You should definitely never trust
them; take my word for that.

(One of them's a Scandinavian, and my Tante Bjorg warned me to never
trust _them_.)

> Because I have low self-esteem, I abandoned my method. Now, when I need
> email help, I always use the same subject line: "Computer doesn't work",
> and submit a 30KB or more file: Either an entire dmesg from the time it
> booted last year, or five complete source files in RAR format. To make
> sure I don't prejudice those who might help me, I never tell version
> numbers, or whether it's Linux, Windows, Mac or BSD. If it's a
> programming problem I never identify the language. I never say what I
> hope to accomplish, because it's their job to tell me what I want to
> accomplish. When I don't get answers, I send a whiny reminder every two
> hours. When all this doesn't work, I use a web search.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your
newsletter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXesMkAYh44

--
Cheers,   This limerick goes in reverse. If you start from the bottom-most verse
Rick Moen Unless I'm remiss,             This limerick's not any worse.