:: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: terryc
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model of lapto have your successfully installed Devuan on?
Hi,

terryc writes:

> This is a hardware question.
> Which brand and model(s) of laptop have people successfully installed
> devuan onto?

I bought a Libreboot T400 (refurbished Lenovo T400) from Minifree a
couple of years ago. Typing this message from it right now ;-)

I have received good service from them. They are in the UK, I'm in
Japan but that wasn't a problem. I got to them via the FSF's RYF
(Respects Your Freedom) site. You might want to check that out.

https://ryf.fsf.org/

# Minifree seems to be going out of business according to their site
# See https://minifree.org/

> How difficult was it?

Not difficult at all but I'd been using Linux (Debian) as a software
developer and small-time sysadmin for two decades already.

Hope this helps,