:: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model…
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] HW: Which brand and model of lapto have your successfully installed Devuan on?
On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 11:56:07 +1000
terryc <terryc@???> wrote:

> Which brand and model(s) of laptop have people successfully installed
> devuan onto?

I have a $300 (CAD) Dell Inspiron 11 3180. According to my mid 2018
notes I tried Devuan_ascii_2.0.0_i386_desktop-live.iso and had issues
with graphics being corrupt. I didn't troubleshoot.

This isn't a daily driver; it's a toy that I ended up putting Lubuntu
18.10 amd64 on.

> How difficult was it?

Booting from USB was annoying to figure out:

https://blog.spiralofhope.com/?p=38871#booting-from-usb

--

In general, I was interested in Dell brand laptops because of their
explicit Ubuntu support, meaning that Devuan would likely work fine.