:: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
Author: tempo
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
fsmithred via Dng wrote:
> Please upgrade your highly customized and configured ascii production
> system to beowulf and tell us if it works. Okay, DO THIS ON A COPY, not
> the real thing.

Did another successful upgrade. XFCE desktop. LVM + LUKS. No major
issues -- rebooted after the upgrade then installed elogind. It warned
about some dependencies on libsystemd0 but all seems well after another
reboot. Of course, had to edit /lib/cryptsetup/cryptdisks.functions
again to get rid of that annoying delay on shutdown.

One (minor) irritation that I noticed both on this and my recent VM
upgrade, is root user no longer has /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin, /sbin in
PATH

This exists in both ascii and beowulf /etc/profile
if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
else

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/usr/local/go/bin"
fi
export PATH

I just put the desired directories in /root/.bashrc for now