:: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] We need upgrade reports
On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 09:07:45PM +0200, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> On 12/31/19 9:58 PM, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
> > I've upgraded standard no-X systems
>
> openrc, no-X, task-console-productivity, luks .
>
> dist-upgraded from fresh 2.1 release to beowulf.
> got a segmanation fault during openrc configuration on upgrade and
> install failed.. no screenshots available, but it had something to do
> with lvm2. so, upgraded lvm2 first, and everything else upgraded
> smoothly afterwards.

Somewhat concerned about this, once I want to upgrade my server from
ascii to beowulf. It uses the logical volume manager for *everything*
except /boot.

(upgrading my Purism laptop I did some months ago and it works well
ever since)

My server carries the internet connexion to the rest of the world, so
if it goes wrong I can't easily explore the problem with the help of
this list.

So do I conclude that ascii's LVM2 isn't capable of handling buster?
Or is it just a problem between ascii's LVM2 and openrc?

Does the upgrade automatically replace the sysv init with openrc?

And at what stage in the upgrade should one or did you upgrade LVM2 to
avoid trouble? Immediately after changing the sources.lst to buster?
Or after the kernel has been upgraded too?

-- hendrik