:: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to d…
Author: Alexander Bochmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to do lists
...on Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:44:00AM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I'm looking for software to handle appointment calendars, contact
> lists, and todo lists.

I'm running SOGo, and use various CardDAV/CalDAV-Clients to connect
to that (or the SOGo web UI). Devuan ascii has a package for some
version of SOGo 3, which works for me, though probably isn't maintained
by anyone.

The original SOGo release packages from Inverse.ca require a
subscription, but current nightly builds are still available
directly from them.

Note that correctly running SOGo is slightly involved - it's an
GNUstep service that uses some of that infrastructure to store
preferences, for example. Setting up things like calendar mail
notifications and invites requires additional configuration too.
And toggling some switch to disable the annoying Gravatar thing
in SOGo 3.

If you don't need the webmail integration that SOGo provides,
Nextcloud is probably easier to set up and operate, and also
has a host of plugins for additional features in the web UI.
Provided a web service that also has some client APIs like
CardDAV/CalDAV is what you want in the first place.

Alex.