:: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to d…
Author: Daniel Taylor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to do lists
On 5/23/19 5:12 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
>> * I don't want to depend on Google's calendar services, but I'd like
>> to be able to use them to coordinate with other people who do.
> My software doesn't and never will coordinate with middlemen like
> Google. I'm sure you could write software that acts as a bridge between
> my software (or somebody else's software) and Google calendar services.
> Better also provide some sort of backup facility for the data stored on
> Google: They have no real incentive to keep your data intact.

Unfortunately, for many of us this is the cost of living in the world.

To coordinate with people I care about I need to sync not just with
Google, but with FB.

The latter I do manually, and with great reluctance and no JS, but it
still needs to happen.

Because people are more important than protocols (or pride).

--
Dan