:: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to d…
Author: Nick Rickard
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to do lists

On 23/05/2019 15:44, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I'm looking for software to handle appointment calendars, contact
> lists, and todo lists.

I use the Thunderbird Lightning plugin/extension. It has calendar and
to-do list. I then use Baikal CalDAV / CardDAV server running on my own
machine (http://sabre.io/baikal/) to synchronise calendars across my
computers (via Thunderbird) and Android phones (CalDAV-Sync). I set up
multiple calendars (personal, work, partner, joint, etc) to allow
different views for each end user.

Repeating appointments can be temperamental, and Google/Outlook meeting
request integration can go a bit wobbly with things like commas in
meeting titles (interpreted as field break), but gets the 'good enough'
tick for me.

Nick.