:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fwd: April's fools mess
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 13:52:34 -0700
Mike Bird <mgb-devuan@???> wrote:

> On Mon April 1 2019 13:25:15 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > 1) please give any requests for removing one of the core members
> > from the project or using legal enforcement a rest. KatolaZ
> > apologized already several times. So please let it go.
>
> I have not threatened "legal enforcement" against Devuan. However
> those of us who use Devuan in production cannot continue to do so
> if Devuan does not take this issue seriously, least we suffer legal
> consequences ourselves.

Mike, please speak for yourself. I get it: This incident caused you to
take evasive action, and now you have serious doubts about using Devuan
further. That's fine: There are other sans-systemd distros and BSDS
that might be more or less secure and reliable than Devuan.

But you can't dictate that everyone using Devuan in production must
drop Devuan unless a set of further procedures are followed. Move if
you must, but have the respect to allow each of us to handle this our
own way.

And just for the record: This was a REALLY stupid "April Fools Joke"
and I trust that the VUAs refrain from any further hijinks on April 1
or any other time.

SteveT