:: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi f…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 11:41:48AM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> The purpose of this email is to ask how to radically minimized write
> cycles to the SD CARD when I run Devuan for Raspberry Pi 3. I found a
> how-to which uses /tmp fs for frequently modified system files, but
> the user uses systemd and I do not want to have that.

I have an rpi2 which I've been running for almost three years now, and
which stays up 24/7. I run fstrim once a week from a cron job, and the
sd card is still doing fine as far as I can tell. While this doesn't
minimize write cycles, it does reduce wear on the card by distributing
writes to different sectors. The other suggestions in this thread are
also good ones.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net