:: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
Hi everyone.

Recently I have been using a Raspberry Pi 3B, obviously powered with
Devuan, to run as music player. Restarting it yesterday, I was
dismayed to discover it would not boot properly anymore, with long
lists of errors complaining about not being able to write to the SD
CARD. The latter is not full. Examining it I found it is now
permanently marked as read-only. Searching online for an explanatory
cause, I learnt this occurs when the maximum number of write cycles is
reached. So, the SD CARD, although brand new is now to be thrown away.

The purpose of this email is to ask how to radically minimized write
cycles to the SD CARD when I run Devuan for Raspberry Pi 3. I found a
how-to which uses /tmp fs for frequently modified system files, but
the user uses systemd and I do not want to have that.

Can any good soul help, please?
Thanks.