:: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi f…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandroselli@???):

> All you need to do is putting this line in /etc/fstab:
>
> tmpfs   /tmp    tmpfs   defaults,mode=1777      0 0

Seriously, yes, everyone running a system _just_ on flash media ought to
be doing this and similar measures to reduce wear on the mass storage.

>   Then you go into runlevel 1, erase everything in /tmp, mount it and go
> back to runlevel 2 (or what you use on your RP3B).

I also recommend (while in single-user mode as the root user) doing this
in each of your system's mountpoint directories:

# touch NOTHING_IS_MOUNTED_HERE
# chattr +i NOTHING_IS_MOUNTED_HERE

That's saved me confusion quite a few times when I'm puzzled about one
of those directories unexpectedly lacking the expected files.