:: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi f…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
Am Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2018 schrieb Edward Bartolo:
> On 02/12/2018, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp <dr.klepp@???> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Do not use swap.
> > Use ramfs for /tmp and /var/tmp.
> > Turn off logging.
> > Mount / readonly.
> > Use "noatime" mountoption.
> >

> How can I use ramfs for /tmp and /var/tmp?

In your /etc/fstab:
tmpfs           /tmp                tmpfs       relatime        0       1
tmpfs           /var/tmp            tmpfs       relatime        0       1

> And, also turn off logging?

If you like a logfile that's available till shutdown:
tmpfs           /var/log            tmpfs       relatime        0       1

Or disable rsyslogd .. I think it was this sequence:
# update-rc.d rsyslog disable 2
# update-rc.d rsyslog disable 3
# update-rc.d rsyslog disable 4
# update-rc.d rsyslog disable 5