:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
Roger:
> On 29/11/2018 12:57, karl@??? wrote:

> > Why not agree on a certain set of programs/libs that should be in /bin,
> > /sbin, and /lib, just to not break my and others packages. That set
> > don't need to cover all booting possibilities.
>
> This is what we used to (try) to do, but we failed at it.

I think your goal was different than what mine is.

Since there are already support for an initrd kernel that supports
general booting, my kernel/package don't have to cover that. It is
sufficient that it covers a subset of the debians kernels capability.
And thus, there isn't a need to have binaries for all kind of
filesystems and setupts in /. All I'm asking for is to have a common
subset available in /bin, /lib and /sbin.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148