:: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get concrete
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:17:45 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> in the last few days we have seen many people going at lengths with
> the pros and cons of a non-merged usr. That has been a great
> discussion. We have put together a solution that consists into
> choosing if you want merged-usr at install time. It's available in the
> current unstable installer:
>
> https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

I couldn't install this in a qemu guest. Right after the screen that
asked what software to install, such as lxqt, lxde, print utilities
and console utilities, I got the "An installation step failed" error. I
looked at Ctrl+Alt+F4 and it seemed that it griped about the following:

* task-english
* unix-linux-locales
* ibritish
* iamerican

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr