:: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get …
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get concrete
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 12:17:45PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> in the last few days we have seen many people going at lengths with
> the pros and cons of a non-merged usr. That has been a great
> discussion. We have put together a solution that consists into
> choosing if you want merged-usr at install time. It's available in the
> current unstable installer:
>
> https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

I don't think there's a point in an installer question -- it's trivial to
add the merge later with a single apt command. An installer question is
pretty costly -- it is seen and has to be answered by everyone who installs
at the given debconf level. Thus, such knobs should be reserved for things
that 1. make sense to be asked to most people, or 2. would be hard to
recover from if not given at install time (like _undoing_ usrmerge).

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity. You can read it, too, you just need the