:: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get conc…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get concrete
Hi All,

in the last few days we have seen many people going at lengths with
the pros and cons of a non-merged usr. That has been a great
discussion. We have put together a solution that consists into
choosing if you want merged-usr at install time. It's available in the
current unstable installer:

https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

It would be great for the vocal support against usr-merge to become a
concrete piece of help to maintaining choice in Devuan. So if you
care, please install beowulf/ceres using the mini.iso above and help
testing all the possible scenarios of non-merged /usr, to discover any
potential issue/breakage there.

Note: the mini.iso is a barebone netinst, and tasksel does not
currently work (I am on that). The "Package selection" step will
fail. Just skip it, continue with the installation, and then install
stuff with apt-get after reboot.

Please report bugs on https://bugs.devuan.org. We are currently
upgrading many packages in unstable, including reportbug, so either
use the reportbug version from ascii or just use reportbug to prepare
the report and then send the email it creates to
submit[at]bugs.devuan.org

Your help is very welcome.

HND

KatolaZ