:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 09:36:18 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 01:08:41AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:

> > Instead, any package diff from Debian should be considered a
> > problem to be fixed. Any patches, instead of removing systemd
> > support, should make things work both with systemd and modular
> > init/rc systems. And be upstreamed as soon as possible.
>
> This is not gonna happen, given for instance the way our presence in
> debian-devel has been "cheered up" (with aggressive posts and personal
> insults). The truth is that too many people have a problem with other
> people not liking systemd and not wanting it around. So I am sorry but
> Devuan will stay around.

If anybody should go away, it's Debian. Their behavior in 2014
indicates they're not trustworthy. I think Devuan is the true successor
state to Debian.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr