:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:46:13 +0100
Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:

> KatolaZ - 18.11.18, 09:36:

> > This is not gonna happen, given for instance the way our presence in
> > debian-devel has been "cheered up" (with aggressive posts and
> > personal
>
> The most important aspect here is: "has been". Its in the past
> already and it does not determine the future.
>
> > insults). The truth is that too many people have a problem with
> > other people not liking systemd and not wanting it around. So I am
> > sorry but Devuan will stay around.
>
> Maybe… not just yet.
>
> But there certainly is a potential. I am glad about the wonderful
> cooperation between some Devuan and some Debian developers.
>
> Of course, re-uniting and still providing the choice between any
> other init system and systemd or usr-split and usr-merge would
> require to solve quite some technical challenges as well. I'd say it
> is not impossible, but it could be challenging.

Speaking for myself, there is no context in which I would ever go back
to Debian. Yes, 2014 is in the past, but past behavior is the best
determinate for future behavior, and very frankly, when I hear the word
"Debian", I feel a little nauseous. If Debian were the last Linux
distro, I'd go BSD.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr