:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 13:09:59 +0100
info at smallinnovations dot nl <info@???> wrote:

> On 18-11-18 09:36, KatolaZ wrote:
> > This is not gonna happen, given for instance the way our presence in
> > debian-devel has been "cheered up" (with aggressive posts and
> > personal insults). The truth is that too many people have a problem
> > with other people not liking systemd and not wanting it around. So
> > I am sorry but Devuan will stay around.
> >
> > HND
> >
> > KatolaZ
>
> That had been to be expected the origins of Devuan were not a polite
> conversation and language used on this list against debian-devs still
> contains harsh words.

And proud of it. Debian's behavior in 2014 was inexcusable. Systemd is
inexcusable except as a profit motive to Redhat. They laughed at Devuan
and said it would never get off the ground. Devuan persists today, as
an ever more popular distro, in spite of the stumbling blocks the
Debian systemd afficianados throw into Debian.

In this new moment of love and understanding, it's perhaps instructive
to see exactly how the sausage was made:

Gotta give that guy Paul Tagliamonte credit: He kept things on the
straight and narrow to make systemd not only the default, but perhaps
the only, sending any lines of questioning he didn't like to other
threads. It would be interesting to find out his motives.

And who can forget the GR, where, at the last minute, when it appeared
that they stacked the deck, by adding a new alternative, when it looked
like the GR would demand Debian work without a systemd PID1?

Why in the WORLD would Devuan ever assimilate back into the corrupt
Debian?

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr