:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:55:54 +0000
Dave Turner <dave_t_turner@???> wrote:

> >Thankfully the Clearlooks-Phenix-Purpy theme still handles
> >synaptic
> etc.in jessie.
> >We may have to rethink the default desktop in ascii . . . and if
> >there
> will even be one . .
>
> I was losing track of who said what when, but THAT above is what I
> want to comment on!
>
> You have enough to do, don't have a default desktop in ascii.
> The choice of desktop is MINE not yours!

But then what GOSFUI (Graphical OS Facing User Interface) comes up when
you boot your newly installed Devuan? What GOSFUI comes up when you
boot your Devuan CD?

> (I loathe synaptic with a vengeance, feel free to abandon it)
>
> I'm a bit uncertain about that
> <However note that the signature color for ascii has yet to be
> decided. Long story . . .>
> Does it need a default colour?
> Aren't there better things to do?

LOL, if you saw my desktop you'd suspect I agree with you that
aesthetics are meaningless to me. But having tried golinux' themes for
xfce and (IIRC) OpenBox, I've got to say it's pretty good. And golinux
(and fredsmith) has been very responsive to my comments about
readability for low vision type people.

> On a happier note I have just bought another motorbike, a 1967 LE
> Velocette and it is much more fun than anything to do with software!

I understand they have a systemd mod for that bike so that when the
chain gets dry, it takes two tries to get it started.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive