:: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
Author: golinux
To: Dave Turner
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Gtk3-theme
On 2017-02-22 14:55, Dave Turner wrote:
>> Thankfully the Clearlooks-Phenix-Purpy theme still handles synaptic
>> etc.in jessie.
>> We may have to rethink the default desktop in ascii . . . and if there
>> will even be one . .
>
> I was losing track of who said what when, but THAT above is what I
> want to comment on!
>
> You have enough to do, don't have a default desktop in ascii.
> The choice of desktop is MINE not yours!

This is true. But distros are recognized by their graphics (which is
one reason why gnome is locking things down - branding) and it would be
nice to have Devuan looking good in addition to working flawlessly.
Appearance is of course not everything but it does create an impression
depending on what those graphics are (think of the 'space fun' fiasco) .
. .

> (I loathe synaptic with a vengeance, feel free to abandon it)

It's sooo much easier than opening a terminal and typing.

> I'm a bit uncertain about that
> <However note that the signature color for ascii has yet to be
> decided. Long story . . .>
> Does it need a default colour?
> Aren't there better things to do?

Of course there are. But those are not things that I can do. I can do
visual things but not write a line of code. So that is a niche for me
to contribute. But a default color is also practical. It visually
helps to identify the version being used.

golinux