:: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Author: Jerneja Rebernak
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Hi Bricos,
I re: to Stephen's question over Sudan, as I am recently being vigilant on
this topic.

I am writing/sending links to get more context across to the list about the
importance of tech/open houses in (South) Sudan.
Tomo Križnar, a slovene world traveller and activist has recently made a
film with director Maja Weiss, about indigenous people in the provinces
just across the border of South Sudan, which escalated into a war zone

Tomo has been empowering the Nuba people with small cameras, and satellite
powered comps, so they can record/send and transmitt evidence of the
massacres/genocices that are happening there. Also the film has been made based
on recordings made ​​by volunteers in the war zones in Nubian Mountains, Blue
Nile and Darfur with cameras brought on them in the years 2009 to 2012, by
Križnar and hiscolleagues.

Here is a trailer of the movie and link to Tomo's website.

http://www.tomokriznar.com/ang/index.php?li=novice

Right at the Berlin film fest (Cinema for peace section) this february, the
documentary was not being included in the official festival screenings.
(btw Berlin film fest did recognize his work over a year ago,but has not
screened the movie there this year..) speculations say the film was too
obviously bringing the spotlight on politicians and organizations towards
this crisis. Nevertheless, the movie was screened as a premiere here in
Maribor two weeks ago.

Perhaps you already knew about Tomo but anyway, still I warmly recommend
that you get in touch with him, to discuss uses of technologies with
indigenous people or show the movie in your informal event in berlin.

salut,
Jerneja