:: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Author: Jean-Noël Montagné
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Chères et chers amis de la liste.

Back after a long time lurking.

>In your opinions, what would or could an
>'Internet of Things' ... or 'Open Source' house
>be, and how would this differ from obvious
>experiments in green, efficient and digitally
>responsive architectures?

1/I don't want my house, my life, being monitored
in real time, as my websurf is monitored anytime
by the BigBrowser vampires.

2/ I don't want more electromagnetic pollution in
my house. ( EMF) My computer and some other
traditional home equipements are still emitting
to much, and I plan to "FaradayCage" my house and
my roof to avoid the hundreds visible wireless
networks (wifi, femtocells, GSM/3G/4G, bluetooth,
zigbee, FM,TNT, radar ( airport is very close to
the house), Satellites) in my close or far
neighbourhood. I have no cell phone.

3/I don't want more "coltan blood" or "stain
blood" in my house. I have too much.

4/I don't want that any governement, private or
public entity knows what radio or TV I am
watching ( but I don't have TV...) just with
electricity cunsumption, as you can see here
http://www.youtube.com/user/28c3#p/u/10/YYe4SwQn2GE

but

-Global indicators (energy, ressources) are very
important for (local and global ) liquid
democracy or e-democracy

-I want to know in real time the performances of
my solar roof (thermal and electric), to adapt my
cunsumption, and to know how I can participate to
a future energy shared network with my neighbours.

so

I want to monitor some equipements inside, but I
don't want to allow any governement or company to
monitor it, except if I choose it, and only
anonymously (if anonimity possible)

JN