:: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Author: stephen kovats
To: brico
New-Topics: [Bricolabs] on Microsoft notice on oswash
Subject: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Dear Brico friends,

as some of you may know I'm starting up a form of collaborative 'agency' dealing with open source / critical culture issues, with a major project cooking for the new state of South Sudan. There's not yet much online about this, it's still very early but I will host a first event on Juba, the capital of this country as a potential 'Open Source City' on June 8th in Berlin. I would love to have some of your views, input and potential collaboration on this (rather informal) event.

However, what I wanted to throw at you right now - and this may or may not have anything to do with the open source city idea, is a question about an 'open IP' or 'IoT' house. It seems that in all the discussion around IPv6, IoT etc that there is not yet, or has not yet been a project to design and build an actual open IP house ... one that can actually act as a 'home'. This is something which, perhaps tickling my architectural 'underbelly' is something I'm interested in pursuing and would like your opinions on. I haven't started to earnestly research this, and a quick google search brings up a few not so serious or real entries, such as this one from 2010:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/6_ways_to_live_better_inside_an_internet_of_things_homes.php

In your opinions, what would or could an 'Internet of Things' ... or 'Open Source' house be, and how would this differ from obvious experiments in green, efficient and digitally responsive architectures?

cheers,

stephen

r0g_media
agency for open culture and critical transformation

supermarkt studio 3
brunnenstrasse 69
13355 berlin

+49 170 5887806
r0g-media.org
tweet @intertwilight

// ------------------ //
** r0g_EVENTS coming up ... **

OS CITY JUBA
*towards an Open Source South Sudan*
Friday June 08, 2012
Supermarkt Berlin
#OSJUBA

THANKS:

CIRCUM / POLARITY + C_plexus Solaris
featuring: Jan-Peter E.R. Sonntag and Mark Resch
February 29, 19.00 @ Marshall McLuhan Salon
Embassy of Canada Berlin
http://www.mcluhan-salon.de/calendar
http://arcticperspective.org