:: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Author: stephen kovats
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] IP / IoT House
Hi JN and Bricos,

of course, I am absolutely in agreement with your points on surveillance and pollution ... not to mention functional literacy and being 'forced' to interact with a living environment. My point is simply that this is on its way - to a large extent already in existence with many people not really knowing about it, or not sensitive to the issues of how their data, their habits etc are already being monitored (both directly and more passively, underhandedly or for benign reasons). My interest here is how to design and build such a 'house' to do exactly what you suggest in the second part. To protect or keep conscious control your own being, your own data, identity, communications, movement and how to share this information, learn from it ... not letting this leak into a wobbly insecure cloud baring naked not only our digital but also our physical corporeal souls.

Info on methods, systems, building technologies that use sincerely 'green' and efficient technologies, materials are part of this as well.

cheers,

Stephen

On 05.03.2012, at 14:36, Jean-Noël Montagné wrote:

> Chères et chers amis de la liste.
>
> Back after a long time lurking.
>

>> In your opinions, what would or could an 'Internet of Things' ... or 'Open Source' house be, and how would this differ from obvious experiments in green, efficient and digitally responsive architectures?
>>

> 1/I don't want my house, my life, being monitored in real time, as my websurf is monitored anytime by the BigBrowser vampires.
>
> 2/ I don't want more electromagnetic pollution in my house. ( EMF) My computer and some other traditional home equipements are still emitting to much, and I plan to "FaradayCage" my house and my roof to avoid the hundreds visible wireless networks (wifi, femtocells, GSM/3G/4G, bluetooth, zigbee, FM,TNT, radar ( airport is very close to the house), Satellites) in my close or far neighbourhood. I have no cell phone.
>
> 3/I don't want more "coltan blood" or "stain blood" in my house. I have too much.
>
> 4/I don't want that any governement, private or public entity knows what radio or TV I am watching ( but I don't have TV...) just with electricity cunsumption, as you can see here
> http://www.youtube.com/user/28c3#p/u/10/YYe4SwQn2GE
>

> but
>

> -Global indicators (energy, ressources) are very important for (local and global ) liquid democracy or e-democracy
>
> -I want to know in real time the performances of my solar roof (thermal and electric), to adapt my cunsumption, and to know how I can participate to a future energy shared network with my neighbours.
>
> so
>
> I want to monitor some equipements inside, but I don't want to allow any governement or company to monitor it, except if I choose it, and only anonymously (if anonimity possible)
>
> JN

stephen kovats
r0g_media
agency for open culture and critical transformation

supermarkt studio 3
brunnenstrasse 69
13355 berlin

+49 170 5887806
r0g-media.org
tweet @intertwilight

// ------------------ //
** r0g_EVENTS coming up ... **

OS CITY JUBA
*towards an Open Source South Sudan*
Friday June 08, 2012
Supermarkt Berlin
#OSJUBA

THANKS:

CIRCUM / POLARITY + C_plexus Solaris
featuring: Jan-Peter E.R. Sonntag and Mark Resch
February 29, 19.00 @ Marshall McLuhan Salon
Embassy of Canada Berlin
http://www.mcluhan-salon.de/calendar
http://arcticperspective.org